Did you know that there is a delicious, creamy, luscious, dessert that isn’t packed with sugar? Sugar-Free Banana “Ice Cream” has no added sugar and is completely delectable. As if bananas aren’t tasty enough on their own, the simple act of freezing them ramps up their sweetness to a whole new level. Blend those frozen bananas with a little milk or unsweetened coconut water and you get a deliciously creamy frozen banana treat that’s full of flavor without any added sugar. If you’re taking the Fed Up Challenge but still want to enjoy a sweet treat, this luscious delight stays within the parameters of the challenge. Dessert perfection!
With some support, your teeny tiny sous chef can help you by:
1. Chopping the bananas before freezing them.
2. Placing ingredients into the food processor or blender.
3. Pushing buttons on appliances.
- Sugar-Free Banana Ice Cream
- Yields 2-3 servings
- -2 bananas*, chopped into 1-2 inch pieces and frozen for at least 1 hour
- -1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon milk or unsweetened coconut water (for a vegan option)
- -Your favorite sugar free toppings. Ours are: unsweetened coconut flakes, sliced almonds, and roasted chopped nuts such as pistachios and macadamia nuts
In a blender, blend the frozen bananas and milk or coconut water.
Scoop into small bowls, top with your favorite topping and enjoy!
*Making this ice cream is also a great way to use up the random bits of leftover banana Eliana doesn’t eat. I slice off the part that was eaten, wrap it in plastic wrap and stick it in the freezer.