- Yam Soup
- Little Foodies 6-9 months and beyond
- -3 yams with skin on, chopped
- -2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- -1 zucchini, chopped
- -2 yellow onions chopped
- -1 bag organic baby lettuce/spinach mix
- -¾ cup Fage Total Greek yogurt (or any other full-fat plain yogurt you like)
- -1 quart organic, low-sodium vegetable broth
- -Olive oil, chopped garlic, salt and pepper, to taste
Heat olive oil in a large pot on low-medium heat. Add onions and a pinch of salt. After 1 minute add chopped garlic and stir. Cook around 5 minutes.
Add yams and carrots and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir. Cook around 5 more minutes.
Add zucchini, stir and cook 2 minutes. Add vegetable broth, stir and bring to a boil. Lower heat to a medium simmer and cover for 20-30 minutes.
Add yogurt and stir. Turn off heat.
Blend with an immersion blender or in a food processor or blender. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
Let cool slightly before serving to baby.