- Roasted Butternut Squash Purée
- 6-9 months
- -1 butternut squash, seeded and chopped into halves or quarters
- -Olive oil, salt and pepper to taste
Heat the oven to 400°
On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a Silpat, lay the squash, skin-side down, and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle on some salt and pepper. Roast for 40-50 minutes or until tender. Scoop out the flesh and mash with a fork or blend in food processor making sure to leave some small chunks.
Let cool slightly before serving to baby.
- -Add 1 small organic yellow onion, chopped into half moons and tossed with olive oil, salt and pepper
- -Add 1 small organic apple, peeled, seeded and chopped into large chunks and tossed with olive oil, salt and pepper
Click here to read where this recipe originally appeared.