Grilling pizza is a quick and delicious way to enjoy your home-cooked pizza. Below are some easy steps to help you with this process. Is this your first time using fresh pizza dough? Click here for some tips about how to make that experience a little easier. Want some recipe ideas? Click here.
How-To Grill Pizza
- -1 fresh pizza dough (I like to buy whole wheat dough from this local restaurant)
- -Desired toppings
- -Olive oil to brush the grates of the grill
- Prepare the grill:
- Brush the grates with olive oil and heat the grill to medium heat.
- Prepare the toppings:
- Prepare your toppings so they are ready to be placed on your pizza as soon as the first side is done being grilled.
- Prepare the dough:
- Divide the fresh dough into 4 equal parts. I find that a good pizza cutter makes all the difference for this process. On a surface that is lightly floured or oiled, roll, stretch or flatten out 4 individual circles. Mine don’t come out to be perfect circles-some are more triangular or rectangular but they taste just as good. Transfer the individual pizzas to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Grill the pizzas:
- Place each pizza on grill one at a time and cook for 3-4 minutes. Remove the pizzas and place them on the baking sheet, grilled side up. Top each pizza with your desired toppings.
- Carefully, transfer each pizza back onto the grill and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes. Remove the pizzas, top them with a bit of parmesan cheese, and/or red pepper flakes if desired and enjoy.