Mini Tomato & Corn Salad Pizzas (Baked)
- -¾ pint tomatoes (I used a mix of red cherry tomatoes & yellow grape tomatoes)
- -Kernels from 1 ear of corn, raw
- -Roughly 2 teaspoons chives, finely chopped
- -Roughly 2 teaspoons basil, finely chopped and divided into 2 piles
- -4 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into ½-inch chunks
- -About 2 ounces parmesan cheese, grated or shredded and divided into 2 piles
- -Olive oil, to taste
- -Spice mixture of 1 part salt, 1 part ground black pepper and 2 parts garlic powder
- -Red pepper flakes, to taste
- -1 large whole wheat pizza dough (around 1⅓ pounds), at room temperature
Heat the oven to 450°.
Prepare the salad:
Slice tomatoes into halves or quarters depending on how large their size and add them to a large bowl. Add the corn, chives, 1 pile of basil, 2 pinches of the spice mixture and oil. Mix gently, taste, adjust seasonings and set aside.
Prepare the dough:
Divide the dough into 4 equal parts. I find that a good pizza cutter makes all the difference for this process. On a surface that is lightly floured, roll, stretch or flatten out 4 individual circles. Mine don’t come out to be perfect circles-some are more triangular or rectangular, but they taste just as good.
Transfer all of the individual pizzas to one baking sheet or pizza stone and bake them without toppings for 2 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and top each pizza with a bit of olive oil and a pinch or 2 of the spice mixture. Top each pizza with ¼ of the tomato mixture and ¼ of the mozzarella chunks. Sprinkle parmesan over each as well.
Bake the pizzas for 11 additional minutes. Remove the pizzas and top them with another drizzle of olive oil, the remaining basil and parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes, if desired.
- –OXO Pizza Cutter for Non-Stick Pans
- –Boos Block Cutting Board
- –Wusthof Santoku Knife
- –Pampered Chef Pizza Stone
- –Cuisenart Baking Sheet