- Simple Mango Purée
- 6 months and up
- -1 very ripe mango, peeled and chopped
- -A few tablespoons hot water
- -Fresh lime juice, salt, chili powder* (optional)
Put mango into a food processor and purée.
Thin to desired consistency by adding hot water and/or lime juice by the teaspoonful.
Pulse again and taste for consistency and flavor.
*Yes, chili powder. Sounds crazy but babies are open to all sorts of flavors. Exposing them to a variety of spices and flavors at a young age makes new foods less scary and more likely to be eaten later on.
- -Mix in chili powder and/or a tiny pinch of salt
- -Mix in cooked quinoa or couscous for added texture
- -Mix in full-fat Greek yogurt or ricotta cheese for added protein
- -Mix in all of the above
- Want a similar recipe for older foodies in the same home?
- Click here for Mango Basil Purée for foodies 9 months and up.
- Click here for a recipe for Mango Sauce for the foodies in your home aged 12 months to 12 decades.