- Pumpkin Ginger Purée
- 6-9 months
- 9-12 months
- -1 cup roasted pumpkin, cut into chunks (Click here for How-To Roast a Pumpkin)
- -Freshly grated or ground ginger, to taste
- -1 small pinch of salt
- -1-2 teaspoons room temperature water
Place pumpkin, ginger and salt into a blender.
Add the water, a little bit at a time, until your desired consistency is reached.
Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
Yields approximately 4 ounces
Variations for Foodies 6+ months:
- -Mix in cinnamon for extra flavor
- -Mix with oatmeal, couscous or quinoa for texture
- -Mix with yogurt or ricotta cheese for protein
Variations for Foodies 9+ months:
- -Mix in ground cinnamon for extra flavor
- -Mix with brown rice, orzo pasta, farro or Israeli couscous for texture
- -Mix with yogurt, cottage cheese or ricotta cheese for protein
I made a little purée package for my friend Michaele’s son named Joe who is just starting his adventures in eating solid foods.
Here’s Baby Joe enjoying the purée! ♥